Tuesday, Oct. 21st
Union, SC to Orangeburg, SC  123 miles
Given the magnitude of today's ride, 123 miles and 6800' of total climbing elevation, plus still feeling the lingering affects of the previous 24 hours, I decided to ride in the van until lunch. I certainly did not want to potentially jeopardize missing tomorrow's final ride, so I took the conservative approach. While I was not 100%, I felt reasonably good for the 65 mile ride and given the flattening terrain, I was able to average 18.3 mph. The ride took us through Sumpter National Forest and of course, lots of cotton fields. 

It seems like a distant memory that we were riding through the desert, but yet it was only 5 weeks ago. It truly has been a trip of a lifetime and it certainly not only met my expectations but exceeded them in every regard. I cannot say enough good things about our guides, Dave and Stephanie. They are not only exceptional guides who did everything to perfection, but they are exceptional people and I will always be grateful for the great memories they provided me. Check back for commentary on tomorrow's ride and some final thoughts